- Dozens killed in blast at Kabul mosque
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:26:07 +0000
Afghan official says suicide bomber targeted Shiite mosque in western part of capital city, killing at least 30
- Knife-wielding man goes on deadly rampage at shopping mall
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:57:22 +0000
"He was attacking people from behind, hitting them with the knife," a police officer said
- New hope as rare vaquita calf captured, released
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:46:11 +0000
Scientists say even though calf was too young for captive breeding program, it was positive step in effort to save vaquitas
- 96-year-old ex-Nazi guard charged in Germany
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:10:36 +0000
Prosecutors say man was complicit in murder as SS guard at Majdanek camp near Polish city of Lublin
- Australia PM: N. Korean anti-Trump "rant" shows sanctions working
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:40:45 +0000
Malcom Turnbull says letter from N. Korea to many governments a typical "rant," shows Kim Jon Un feeling "the squeeze"
- U.S.-backed forces declare "victory" over ISIS in Raqqa
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:26:13 +0000
Syrian Democratic Forces say no militants left in what was for years the capital of ISIS' self-declared "caliphate"
- Grim details revealed about U.S. soldier found dead after ambush
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:14:00 +0000
What started out as a low-risk patrol in Niger has turned into the most controversial military operation of the Trump administration
- Pressure from Congress mounts for details in Niger ambush
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:12:58 +0000
Four U.S. soldiers in Niger were not expecting enemy contact when they were ambushed and killed earlier this month by a group of about 50 fighters affiliated with ISIS. Senate Armed Services Committee members want more information and may use a subpoena to get it. David Martin reports.
- In Africa, a new weapon in the fight against climate change: drones
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:05:41 +0000
In Zanzibar, an innovative mapping initiative is using new technology to help policy makers fight the effects of rising sea levels
- "The magnitude of the challenge is daunting" in the crisis of Rohingya children, UNICEF says
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 03:16:48 +0000
Report details desperate plight of the over half million Rohingya refugees who've fled intense violence in neighboring Myanmar
- What we know about the deadly ambush in Niger
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 22:26:58 +0000
Exact details of the Niger ambush have been slow to emerge, including the military's immediate response
- New details about Niger ambush that killed 4 soldiers
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 23:43:26 +0000
The American soldiers killed in Niger were helping the country's military combat Islamic militants. Details of the ambush have been slow to emerge, including the military's immediate response. David Martin reports on what we know so far.
- Pollution linked to 9M deaths worldwide each year
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 23:04:39 +0000
New report reveals the deadly toll pollution takes worldwide, but experts say it's "a winnable battle"
- Russian opposition divided over TV host's presidential bid
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 18:28:23 +0000
President Vladimir Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, denied that the Kremlin has encouraged Ksenia Sobchak to run
- Tourist fears he was early victim of Cuba mystery attack
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:32:18 +0000
Chris Allen joined a growing list of private U.S. citizens asking the same alarming but unanswerable question: Were we victims, too?
- Top tiers of Rome's Colosseum to open to public
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:57:21 +0000
The view from the fourth and fifth tiers have not been seen for four decades
- Nicholas Kristof says North Korea has "galvanized for war"
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:29:26 +0000
When the New York Times op-ed columnist traveled to the reclusive country, the trip was "very different" this time around
- How high-tech mapping could help save the Great Barrier Reef
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 15:12:50 +0000
New and old technologies reveal what's killing Australia's great marine wonder
- German officials question Air Berlin pilot's airport fly-by
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 19:17:58 +0000
Federal Aviation Office says while aborted landings are common, this pilot's action in particular "needs to be clarified"
- The view from the top tiers of Rome's Colosseum
Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:56:17 +0000
The fourth and fifth tiers of Rome's Colosseum are opening to the public for the first time in 40 years next month. CBS News' Seth Doane shows us the view from the iconic ancient site.