|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews/
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Nissan to fire Ghosn over financial misconduct allegations
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:39:30 -0500
Nissan Motor Co Ltd said it planned to oust Chairman Carlos Ghosn after alleging he had used company money for personal use and committed other serious acts of misconduct.
- Carlos Ghosn, the cost cutter with a big price tag
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:39:11 -0500
In his 40 years in the auto industry, the praise Carlos Ghosn has won for turning around businesses has regularly been matched by criticism over the amount he has been paid to do it.
- Ghosn under-reported nearly 10 billion yen in compensation: Jiji
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:31:46 -0500
Carlos Ghosn, chairman of Japanese automaker Nissan, under-reported nearly 10 billion yen ($88.70 million) in compensation as nearly 5 billion yen, Jiji news agency reported on Monday.
- Hong Kong 'Occupy' protest leaders deny public nuisance charges
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:28:38 -0500
Three leaders of Hong Kong's 2014 pro-democracy "Occupy" movement, which paralyzed parts of the Chinese-ruled city for nearly three months, denied public nuisance charges on Monday as international criticism of the erosion of civil liberties grows.
- UK PM May seeks business support for EU deal as she faces day of reckoning
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:27:50 -0500
British Prime Minister Theresa May will seek to win support from business leaders for her contentious draft European Union divorce deal on Monday as dissenting lawmakers in her own party try to trigger a leadership challenge.
- EU's Barnier says draft Brexit deal is 'fair and balanced'
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:27:50 -0500
The European Union's Brexit negotiator said on Monday the draft Brexit deal reached between with London was "fair and balanced", as the bloc's members sparred among themselves and with Britain over any extension of the envisaged transition period.
- McLaren Automotive boss says PM May's Brexit deal gives certainty
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:21:38 -0500
The draft Brexit agreement between Britain and the European Union gives certainty to British business whilst no deal would hinder free trade, the boss of carmaker McLaren Automotive said as Prime Minister Theresa May battles to win over her lawmakers.
- Close to 1,000 still missing after deadliest California wildfire
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:21:01 -0500
Emergency services on Sunday sifted through the charred wreckage of California's deadliest ever wildfire, searching for signs of nearly 1,000 people believed still missing as crews made progress in bringing the blaze under control.
- Insured losses from Camp and Woolsey wildfires estimated at $9-13 billion: RMS
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:21:01 -0500
Risk modeling firm RMS said on Monday that it estimated insured losses from the Camp and Woolsey wildfires, which ravaged California, between $9 billion and $13 billion.
- Some California wildfire victims may never be found: searcher
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:13:25 -0500
Searchers looking for the remains of victims of the wildfire that destroyed the Northern California town of Paradise said some bodies may never be found because of the intensity of the blaze.
- From rugby to painting, China using global stage to diminish Taiwan
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:09:00 -0500
All Taiwan wanted to do was to host rugby teams from around the region for a series of matches.
- Survivors find reasons to be thankful after deadly California fire
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:02:39 -0500
Most years, Kelly Doty marked Thanksgiving by delivering scores of meals to low-income families with children in the tight-knit Northern California mountain community of Paradise.
- Exclusive: U.S. shale firms offer $100 million to aid Texas, New Mexico
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:40:08 -0500
More than a dozen top U.S. energy companies have pledged $100 million toward easing stresses on health care, education and civic infrastructure from the shale oil and gas boom in West Texas and New Mexico, the group said on Sunday.
- Rouhani says Iran to continue oil exports and resist U.S. economic war
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:33:40 -0500
Iran will continue to export oil despite U.S. sanctions, which are part of a psychological war doomed to failure, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday.
- Nissan chairman Ghosn has been arrested: Yomiuri
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:28:17 -0500
Nissan Motor Co Ltd's chairman, Carlos Ghosn, has been arrested, the Yomiuri daily said on its website on Monday.
- Oil rises for a fourth day, buoyed by OPEC supply plans
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:27:25 -0500
Oil rose for a fourth session in a row on Monday, buoyed by the prospect that top exporter Saudi Arabia will push OPEC and maybe Russia to cut supply towards the end of this year.
- Global stocks push higher, dollar sapped by rate hike uncertainty
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:55:12 -0500
World shares started the week on the front foot on Monday, amid conflicting signals of a potential truce in the China-U.S. trade dispute, while the Federal Reserve's new-found concerns over the global economy sapped the dollar.
- Apple cuts production orders for all three new iPhone models: WSJ
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:51:58 -0500
IPhone maker Apple Inc has cut production orders in recent weeks for all three iPhone models launched in September, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing sources.
- Nissan: Ghosn used company money for personal use
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:50:55 -0500
Japanese automaker Nissan said on Monday that Chairman Carlos Ghosn had used company money for personal use and that it had been investigating possible improper practices of Ghosn and Representative Director Greg Kelly for several months.
- Exclusive: Rohingya repatriation, relocation plans set to be pushed back to 2019 - government official
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:33:13 -0500
Bangladesh's plans to tackle the Rohingya refugee crisis are set to be stalled until the new year with repatriation and relocation programs only likely be revisited after year-end general elections, a top Bangladeshi official said on Sunday.