|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- UK PM May seeks business support for EU deal as she faces day of reckoning
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:04:47 -0500
British Prime Minister Theresa May will seek to win support from business leaders for her contentious draft European Union divorce deal on Monday as dissenting lawmakers in her own party try to trigger a leadership challenge.
- McLaren Automotive boss says PM May's Brexit deal gives certainty
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:04:47 -0500
The draft Brexit agreement between Britain and the European Union gives certainty to British business whilst no deal would hinder free trade, the boss of carmaker McLaren Automotive said as Prime Minister Theresa May battles to win over her lawmakers.
- Survivors find reasons to be thankful after deadly California fire
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 06:02:39 -0500
Most years, Kelly Doty marked Thanksgiving by delivering scores of meals to low-income families with children in the tight-knit Northern California mountain community of Paradise.
- Exclusive: U.S. shale firms offer $100 million to aid Texas, New Mexico
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:40:08 -0500
More than a dozen top U.S. energy companies have pledged $100 million toward easing stresses on health care, education and civic infrastructure from the shale oil and gas boom in West Texas and New Mexico, the group said on Sunday.
- EU's Barnier says draft Brexit deal is 'fair and balanced'
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:38:14 -0500
The European Union's Brexit negotiator said on Monday the draft Brexit deal reached between the bloc and London was "fair and balanced".
- Nissan moving to fire Ghosn for financial misconduct
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:35:10 -0500
Nissan Motor Co Ltd said on Monday it was moving to terminate Carlos Ghosn from his chairman's post after finding that he had used company money for personal use and committed several other serious acts of misconduct.
- Rouhani says Iran to continue oil exports and resist U.S. economic war
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:33:40 -0500
Iran will continue to export oil despite U.S. sanctions, which are part of a psychological war doomed to failure, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday.
- Hong Kong 'Occupy' protest leaders deny public nuisance charges
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:29:52 -0500
Three leaders of Hong Kong's 2014 pro-democracy "Occupy" movement, which paralyzed parts of the Chinese-ruled city for nearly three months, denied public nuisance charges on Monday as international criticism of the erosion of civil liberties grows.
- Nissan chairman Ghosn has been arrested: Yomiuri
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:28:17 -0500
Nissan Motor Co Ltd's chairman, Carlos Ghosn, has been arrested, the Yomiuri daily said on its website on Monday.
- Oil rises for a fourth day, buoyed by OPEC supply plans
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:27:25 -0500
Oil rose for a fourth session in a row on Monday, buoyed by the prospect that top exporter Saudi Arabia will push OPEC and maybe Russia to cut supply towards the end of this year.
- Global stocks push higher, dollar sapped by rate hike uncertainty
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:55:12 -0500
World shares started the week on the front foot on Monday, amid conflicting signals of a potential truce in the China-U.S. trade dispute, while the Federal Reserve's new-found concerns over the global economy sapped the dollar.
- Apple cuts production orders for all three new iPhone models: WSJ
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:51:58 -0500
IPhone maker Apple Inc has cut production orders in recent weeks for all three iPhone models launched in September, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing sources.
- Nissan: Ghosn used company money for personal use
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:50:55 -0500
Japanese automaker Nissan said on Monday that Chairman Carlos Ghosn had used company money for personal use and that it had been investigating possible improper practices of Ghosn and Representative Director Greg Kelly for several months.
- Close to 1,000 still missing after deadliest California wildfire
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:47:51 -0500
Emergency services on Sunday sifted through the charred wreckage of California's deadliest ever wildfire, searching for signs of nearly 1,000 people believed still missing as crews made progress in bringing the blaze under control.
- Exclusive: Rohingya repatriation, relocation plans set to be pushed back to 2019 - government official
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:33:13 -0500
Bangladesh's plans to tackle the Rohingya refugee crisis are set to be stalled until the new year with repatriation and relocation programs only likely be revisited after year-end general elections, a top Bangladeshi official said on Sunday.
- Bitcoin sinks to new 13-month low
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:26:11 -0500
Bitcoin slumped to a new 13-month low on Monday, with the biggest cryptocurrency touching $5173.23 on the Bitstamp platform <BTC=BTSP>.
- From rugby to painting, China using global stage to diminish Taiwan
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:23:49 -0500
All Taiwan wanted to do was to host rugby teams from around the region for a series of matches.
- No better Brexit deal available, EU ministers tell Britain
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:14:24 -0500
Germany and other European Union states told Britain on Monday their draft Brexit agreement could not be renegoitated.
- At APEC, China, others woo Pacific with a boulevard, a Bible and a barbecue
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:11:12 -0500
After world leaders jetted out of Papua New Guinea following the acrimonious end to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit, Pacific nation leaders gathered at Australia's High Commission for kangaroo sausages and cold beer.
- APEC fails to live up to its name amid U.S., China acrimony
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:06:11 -0500
The C in APEC stands for Cooperation. But when the two biggest members are fighting a trade war and using the forum to attack each other's policies, it was always going to be hard work delivering on that.