|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- The artist as an algorithm: robot-made Rembrandt for sale
Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:22:47 -0400
Robots can do many of the jobs previously performed by humans, but could they ever replace artists?
- Chinese police arrest 21 over data theft at Alibaba's delivery arm: Xinhua
Sat, 22 Sep 2018 05:04:10 -0400
Chinese police on Friday arrested 21 suspects in connection with the theft of customer information from Alibaba Group Holding's logistics affiliate Cainiao Network, state news agency Xinhua reported.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai denies efforts to tweak search results: Axios
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 21:18:01 -0400
Google's Chief Executive Sundar Pichai denied reports of efforts to politically bias the company's internet search results, Axios reported on Friday citing a memo.
- FCC chairman ramps up defense of net neutrality repeal
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:45:55 -0400
With a federal appeals court preparing to consider the Trump administration's reversal of Obama-era U.S. net neutrality regulations, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission is ramping up his defense of the decision.
- As new iPhones go on sale, studies reveal chips from Intel and Toshiba
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:16:47 -0400
Apple Inc's latest iPhones hit stores around the world on Friday, featuring components made by Intel Corp and Toshiba among others, according to two firms that cracked open the iPhone Xs and Xs Max models.
- Farfetch tops price range in IPO in boon to luxury market
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:36:05 -0400
Farfetch priced its shares above its targeted range on Friday in a New York flotation that values the online luxury retailer at over $5.8 billion and underscores how big a bet web sales have become for high-end brands.
- Comcast and Fox take $34 billion battle for Britain's Sky to the wire
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:22:34 -0400
Comcast and Twenty-First Century Fox face a quick-fire auction for British broadcaster Sky on Saturday after neither side backed down in a drawn-out $34 billion battle.
- Uber in talks to buy food delivery firm Deliveroo: Bloomberg
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:29:03 -0400
Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] is in early talks to buy food delivery company Deliveroo, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Switzerland tries to stem blockchain exodus by improving access to banks
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:11:04 -0400
In an effort to maintain its status as a cryptocurrency hub, Switzerland has taken steps to help blockchain companies access the traditional financial system by making it easier for them to open corporate bank accounts.
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:07:11 -0400
- U.S. Justice Department may delay meeting on possible social media bias: source
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:32:18 -0400
The Justice Department is considering delaying a meeting with state attorneys general planned for next week to discuss concerns about conservative voices being stifled on social media, according to a person familiar with the discussions.
- Google defends Gmail data sharing, gives few details on violations
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 06:53:29 -0400
Alphabet Inc's Google gave details about its policies for third-party Gmail add-ons but stopped short of fully addressing questions from U.S. senators about developers who break its email-scanning rules.
- Startup Picnic runs grocery delivery bus in Dutch online shopping boom
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 06:52:28 -0400
Coming to a stop outside yet another front door on Utrecht's narrow streets, 25-year-old Susann Huber gets out of her electric minivan, pulls out a crate of groceries and hands them over to a waiting customer.
- A call to the boss: Indonesia contends with aggressive Chinese online lenders
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 04:22:22 -0400
Indonesian authorities have generally opened their arms to fintech companies offering online loans in Southeast Asia's biggest economy, viewing them as a way of getting credit to tens of millions of people often unable to access bank lending.
- Facebook to drop on-site support for political campaigns
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 21:57:32 -0400
Facebook Inc said on Thursday that it would no longer dispatch employees to the offices of political campaigns to offer support ahead of elections, as it did with U.S. President Donald Trump in the 2016 race.
- Google staff discussed tweaking search results to counter travel ban: WSJ
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 21:08:18 -0400
Google employees brainstormed ways to alter search functions to counter the Trump administration's controversial 2017 travel ban, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing internal emails.
- White House pledges to step up cyber offense on hackers
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:23:45 -0400
The White House warned foreign hackers on Thursday it will increase offensive measures as part of a new national cyber security strategy.
- Cryptocurrency has hit bottom, bitcoin due for renaissance: Novogratz
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:04:24 -0400
Michael Novogratz, former macro hedge fund manager and founder of cryptocurrency asset management firm Galaxy Digital Capital Management, on Thursday said that the bottom in cryptocurrency prices has been reached and bitcoin is due to bounce back.
- NY court overturns $115 million patent judgment against Samsung
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:02:56 -0400
The New York State Court of Appeals on Thursday overturned a $115 million judgment against Samsung Electronics Co Ltd over television patents.
- Amazon adds Echo devices for home and car in bid to dominate voice gadgets
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:24:09 -0400
Amazon.com Inc on Thursday introduced a dozen new Echo speakers and related gadgets in a bid to stay ahead of rivals Apple Inc and Alphabet Inc's Google in the nascent category for voice-controlled devices.